So I'm sitting there eating dinner at the bar. Low and behold an older couple sits next to me. Sure, ignore the fifty other empty chairs around me and sit RIGHT next to me. That's cool. They are really old (seventies) so I figure maybe they need the extra body heat to keep them warm. Just me drinking a beer, eating my food, doing the charitable warming thing.
They get their food and are drinking beers, when all of a sudden the old man next to me lets out a huge ass belch. Not a small burp. You know, old people make all kinds of noises at that age. This was a loud ass beer belch that had the smell of BBQ and old people mixed in. It was absofuckinglutely nasty. I thought, "Whatever. He's old and can't help himself. Any minute now he will apologize and I'll chucle". Waiting... still waiting. Nothing. No apology, no acknowledgment of the incident that just happened.
I was shocked. I chuckled anyway because I'm childish like that at times, but still shocked. I guess that's just part of the benefit of being old. You get to do whatever the hell you feel like and not have to apologize to no one. I must admit, I was shocked that such a loud noise came from such a feeble looking man. I could have sworn my hair fluttered a little when he burped. That is just plain nasty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment