So last night I was tired and went to bed a little early. My inner demon did not like this idea, but my sane side won out and I went to bed anyway. I ended up sleeping for about ten hours last night. When I woke up this morning, I felt refreshed. Like for real refreshed.
For real real, not for play play.
Sorry, every time I say for real real, that line goes off in my head. It's a Drawn Together thang. Anyway, after my Zest fully clean moment this morning, I decided to go running. I did not want to run, but I forced myself to go run. This was at 8:30 in the morning. So I ran...
I don't know what it is, but I have this new found feeling of happiness that I haven't felt in a very long time. The strange part is that it is not tied to anything in particular. Usually I may feel some excitement about something, but I know why I am excited. Today, no apparent reason. I love the feeling anyway.
So I hear by decree today my "Day of the New". The only other way I can describe the feeling is in computer terms. It's like taking a very, very long Word document that is full of corrections and amendments and just deleting it. Today is my brand spanking new document. Blank and just staring at me. So now I can not sit here and wait for it to fill itself. I must go out and find things to fill into this document. So now I'm filling.
I know this may sound stupid to some and definitely dorky to others, but I am supercereal when I say, "I don't care". I really don't. There has to be some scientific reason for this feeling, I just don't understand why at the moment. I wonder if there is some kind of planet alignment today. Or perhaps it is related to the daylight savings change tomorrow.
Either way, I'm back on my way to half-full status again. The half-empty stuff was not a fun place to be. Trust me.
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment