I have always been a firm believer in capital punishment. Being born
and raised in Texas, I was definitely influenced by the death
penalty. You know, the whole eye for an eye type of mentality. But
know I'm not so sure. There must be a better way of punishment. The
whole life sentence thing is not working either. I think that is just
wasting our money as well.
I was watching the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth this
morning. There is this one scene where they hold a trial under the
earth and convict the man to death. Then, no one wants to actually be
the executioner. Everyone has some form of excuse.
I wonder how many people could convict someone to death if they
actually had to carry out the execution themselves. When I was
younger, I may not have had a problem performing the execution. Grim
thought, I know. Seriously, this state has some form of brain washing
mentality towards the death penalty. Now that I am older and wiser, I
don't think I could carry out the execution. I could definitely kill
someone if my life was in danger or if someone I loved was in danger.
But to be the person carrying out the execution, I'm not sure that is
something I could do today.

No comments:
Post a Comment