What is the most important item a man uses every day?
My wallet, of course. And you know what? I lost mine last night.
This is so bad... no really, like really, really bad. I had
everything in the wallet. I had to cancel all my credit cards this
morning. I had around $60 in cash. I had a $25 Barnes and Noble gift
card. The most important things are the driver's license and my
social security card. Oh my gosh, what a pain to try and replace
those. I went online today to re-order a driver's license. You know
what they want? A credit card to pay the service charges. Really
smart system they have there... let's see how could we really screw
over our residents? Oh yeah, we will make them use a credit card to
pay for their license and that way when they lose their wallets they
will be screwed because the credit cards were with the wallet.
And then, I don't usually carry cash but last night I went out so I
had cash on me. I just went to the ATM right before I lost my wallet.
That was such a messed up feeling. And another bad part of all this,
I can't drink for the next couple of weeks because I don't have my
ID. Oh man, this is really going to hurt. So I called all my credit
card companies this morning and I should be back in business in 10-14
business days. I didn't realize how often I use my cards. Everything
from getting gas (no more paying at the pump) to eating out will
require my need for cash and waiting in lines again.
I had an almost complete Deidrich's coffee card. You know how long it
took me to get that thing almost complete? Crap, now I have to drink
ten more cups of coffee to get my stupid free coffee.
I also had my insurance cards (medical and dental) that will need to
be re-issued again. My alumni card will need to be re-issued. And who
knows what else, because I don't have my wallet to check and see what
is missing... I know I'm forgetting something else that was important
in there.
Someone out there in the world is probably spending MY cash, using my
bookstore gift card, and drinking my free cup of coffee. It's a good
thing I believe in karma, because someone is going to have some
really bad stuff come their way.
I have a feeling this is going to be a bad, bad 10-14 business days ahead.

No comments:
Post a Comment