So... I started the South Beach diet again this past Monday. Phase I and I'm still going strong. Well, for the most part. I really shouldn't be drinking alcohol, but you know me. Psss... not drink alcohol. Puleeze.
As I look back on the past few days I have to wonder. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING??? It's not the junk food that is getting to me. It's not the lack of carbs. Nope. It's the damn caffeine. My caffeine intake has been reduced to about one cup of coffee a day. Do you hear me? ONE CUP!
Let's see how I'm handling the effects of this caffeine reduction. My head pounds like hell daily. Even the Excedrin is not working at times. I get the shakes at times. Oh yeah, and when the sweet brew of java touches my lips in the morning, I feel like I've died and found Valhalla.
I have been so swamped with the work the past month. It's not even close to funny. We have had several, several late nights at work lately. Not your there till midnight type of nights, but your there till 4:30 in the morning type of nights. Then back at work the next day at times. I'm ready for a day of escape. Camping, fishing, anything that doesn't involve work and gets me outdoors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment