I'm a huge book nerd. I know it's probably one of the most uncool things to be, but it's who I am. I have no delusion of my book nerdiness. Fortunately for me, I have a Half Price Bookstore around the block from me. This allows me to get my book fix whenever needed (whenever I get the shakes and start twitching uncontrollably). Today was one of those days. I also have this need to justify my book purchases. Strange, I know. Todays justification... I am working on a Windows 2003 server, so I must have a book in my collection to help with my administration.
I head over there and I just happen to be looking through ALL of the computer books, when I hear this conversation on the other side of the partition (mind you, the books are about seven feet high, so you can't see anyone on the other side).
Girl 1: That books was so good. I couldn't help myself. I just gobbled it all up.
Girl 2: I know, I know...
Girl 1: Seriously, like I finished it two days.
Girl 2: Right... Right.... it's like brain candy!
I had to chuckle at that comment. Brain Candy. I like it! That's going to be my new catch phrase for things I really like. Computers... they're just so good. Ya know, like brain candy! Somehow it just doesn't sound the same. I think I need to say it like a 16 year old girl to have the same effect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How about saying dressed like a 16 year old girl!
You have to watch that kind of stuff nowadays. Using "dressed" and "16 year old girl" in the same sentence is dangerous.
I don't want to end up on Dateline with my shirt over my head as they are arresting me in my apartment.
Post a Comment