Monday, December 04, 2006

Enter your own title here

Sometimes I sit here and just stare at the blank page. Well, Its not really blank. But the section to add a new post is blank. I have so much to say during the day. But when I finally sit down to enter my thoughts, my mind goes completely blank. What is up with that?

I recently finished the book Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. The most useful piece of information provided by the book dealt with writer's block. The author explains that this is caused by an overload of tasks when trying to write. Break down what you are trying to say and then worry about what order to put down that information later. So here I am trying to remember what I wanted to say and I can't even do that. "I like to eat paste" That's how I feel at times like this. Short-bus idiot for sure.

I'm probably making it sound like I have some earth shattering ideas to share with the world, but I'm afraid they were never that good. It was probably something dorky and I found it amusing. Isn't it funny how you can grow up in a pretty nasty neighborhood, yet it couldn't take the dorkiness out of me. Kinda proud of that fact at times. Perhaps I shouldn't be sharing this much information about myself. I think this is what makes me dangerous at times. I know that no matter how fucked up an individual is, there is always some dorky side to them they don't show. I've seen it too many times to not accept it.

It reminds me of the character that "The Rock" played on the movie Be Cool. He was this tough looking guy on the outside, but he definitely had his share of internal issues. And Vince Vaughn... He should have won an award for that character. "Twinkle, Twinkle Baby."

See, this is what happens when I don't remember what I was going to say. Damn rambling man. I have so much information floating around my gray (grey for the English folks out there) matter, but I can't find any way to organize all of the information. It's kind of like I'm hold all of these Trivial Pursuit cards in my head but the answers don't match the questions. It is really kind of scary when I think about it.

What is the square root of nine? Blue
Who won the Academy award for best actor in 1990? Cheddar Cheese
What is the capital of Wisconsin? Babe Ruth

See what I mean? Well, it's not that bad, but it does start to get pretty mixed up as the day goes on. Maybe I've burned out all my neurons with the caffeine that I drink or perhaps I partied to hard in the past and now I'm paying the price. Oh well. It was worth it for the partying and there is no way in Hell I'm giving up my caffeine.

No comments: