Monday, December 11, 2006

Hey Jude...

I was passing through HEB today and well... I just had to do it. I bought one of those Mexican saint candles. Mine is St. Jude. Lovely selection they had in stock. I could have picked up the Virgin Mary, St. Michael, Jesus, or Saint Antonio as well. Do you know why I picked St. Jude?

I liked the green candle. It wasn't the prayer on the back. It wasn't who I was going to pray to. It was the color. As I was looking at this candle, the women behind me said, "I wish they would make one for bad hair cuts."

I chucked and went about my business. Then it hit me. Wash she talking about my haircut? Did my hair look that messed up that I needed a prayer candle to fix? Damn, that would be cold as ice. I assumed she had a bad hair experience and perhaps that would help her in the future. Yeah... that's it. It wasn't about me, but her instead. Well just go with that.

Anyway, I paid my $1.07 for the candle and brought it home. I was so excited to light it up. Why was I so excited? I really don't know, but I was. I lit the candle and let it do it's thing. After about 10 minutes, the candle started to put itself out. Apparently, the wax does not evaporate very well, so the flame is being smothered under all this melted wax. Stupid dollar saint candle.

I guess you get what you pay for. I think I'll scrape out some of the wax tomorrow and see if I can salvage the candle. Why the hell do I have such a fixation with this stupid saint candle?

No comments: