Sooo... Who is the person playing a trick on me? Seriously, if you're messing with my head you have succeeded. Now I need you to fess up right now.
I thought about it and thought about it. Then it hit me this morning. I did blow out the candle that night. I remember messing with the wick after the candle was blown out. I clearly remember the wax moving over the wick and trying to keep the wax from hardening back over the wick. It was out.
So, only a select few individuals have a copy of my keys. If I didn't light the candle, someone else did while I was away. Someone did light the candle, right???
The weird thing is that my mother freaked me out today. I saw her this evening and told her about the candle. I told her how I thought someone was messing with me. (On a side note, for those who don't know my mother. She is queen of the Catholic religion.) This was our conversation to the best of my memory.
Me: I picked up one of those saint candles the other day.
Mom: The prayer candles? I thought you didn't believe in those candles.
Me: Yeah, I know.
Mom: Like that one. (She points to the Virgin Mary prayer candle on her table)
Me: Yeah. Like that one. But it was of Saint Jude.
Mom: Why Saint Jude?
Me: Honestly, I just liked the color. The green candle was the best looking one there.
(Awkward silence as my mom gives me this dirty look. Like spit in your face dirty.)
Me: So... I come back home yesterday and I find the candle was lit. I thought I forgot to blow it out, but then I remembered that I did blow it out. I think someone is playing a trick on me.
Mom: Why would someone do that? (Then her eyes light up) It's a sign. Saint Jude is the patron saint of impossible things. It's a sign around Christmas time that you should come back to the church.
Me: Ummm yeah. I don't think it was a sign.
Mom: Yes it was. You should have called the news or something.
Okay. I have never seen my mom act like that. I just smiled and started to back out the room. I kept thinking, "Don't break eye contact. Walk slowly. No sudden movements." She started to really freak me out there. She has been trying everything in her power to get me back to the church. I never thought she would sink that low though. Gotta love her quick thinking and tying it all back to a sign.
So anyway, I was all freaked out when I came home today. If that candle was lit again, I would have gotten the hell outta dodge. It was not lit, but the freaking Christmas tree scared the living shit out of me. A seven foot tall blur in the middle of a dark room made me want to scream like a seven year old girl.
Sooo... again. If you are the one who lit the candle, seriously fess up. It's all fun and games until the Mexican can't get any sleep because of the stupid saint candle. Don't make me change the locks.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You shouldn't leave your matches where the dog can get at them.
I wish it was her. Then I could have her cook me breakfast every morning. Make her earn her keep. And not just cereal or waffles, but bacon and eggs type of breakfast.
Post a Comment