Saturday, January 21, 2006

Puppies and Babies


I have quickly learned how very similar puppies are to babies. See, kittens are pretty easy to potty train and they basically stay inside the house most of the time. Puppies, on the other hand, are similar to babies. There is a feeding time, walking time, and play time. It is physically exhausting. I haven't had to watch any babies (nor puppies) in a long, long time. I don't see how the parents do it. I must be getting old because I am flat out tired now.

Fortunately, Mr. Pugsley, your mother is coming back today. Your alive and in one piece so I must give myself a one-handed high five. Yeah, I rock...

Sorry about that dorky moment there. It must be the lack of alcohol in my system. It's throwing my body out of whack. I haven't had a drink all week long and lord knows I deserved one several times this week.

I'll end this rant with a conversation I had on the phone with my dad this morning.

Me: "I'm pretty cranky because I was up throughout the night with the puppy."
Dad: "Yeah, a puppy is a handful."
Me: "I know, it's the waking up in the middle of the night that's killing me."
Dad: "Well, you wanted kids, didn't you?"
Me: "WHAT..." (Really, I wanted to say "What the Fuck?")
Me: "I never said I wanted kids. How did you get that out of me watching a puppy?"
Dad: Silence...
Dad: "So, when are you dropping off Ashley?"

Notice the silence and then the change of subject? I think it was a Freudian slip. I think he and my mother want me to have more children. They use to pressure me about more grandkids after my divorce. So I would tell them that I would go impregnate as many woman as possible just to give them some grandbabies. They didn't seem to appreciate my smart ass remark as much as I did.

No comments: