I was laying in bed enjoying some long overdue rest when I kept hearing this screaming. Last night my neighbors were having a party and they were outside ALL NIGHT LONG. You sir, are not Lionel Richie. Please go back inside and keep it down. That is what I fell asleep to last night.
This morning, the screaming was still there. I wanted to kill someone this morning with all that screaming. Then it hit me. Maybe my clock was wrong. Am I missing the football games. Crap... I jump out of bed. I listen some more and I think, "People can't be yelling for that long just for a football game."
Perhaps it was the wind. It was windy as hell yesterday, so it must be the wind. I get up and get dressed to walk my dog. As I walk outside, I see cars parked all up and down my street.
"Fucking people next door even have the nerve to park illegally up and down the street. Damn bastards!"
And then this slight flicker went off in my head. Shit. The Marathon. The noise I was hearing was the crowd screaming for the marathon runners. Turns out the marathon route is one street over from me. So all this morning, I was hearing the crowd screaming to support the runners. Turns out I was the grumpy Bastard all along (like the old man yelling at the kids playing in his yard).
How's that for an alarm clock? So instead of running this marathon like I wanted, I ended up sleeping through most of it and complaining about it when it does happen. I feel like such a Caribbean chicken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment