Tuesday, January 29, 2008

That's good... wait, what did you just say?

I had lunch today with my mom, actually it was her way of bribing me to come out and look at her computer. She was having an issue with her e-mail and "graciously" invited me out for lunch. Gee mom, you shouldn't have. During lunch, I was telling her about the PC from hell and all of the viruses on the system. My family just loves clicking on things. Damn clicking fools... The same system that I am still working on by the way.

Anyway I digress, I look at her computer and it was a very simple fix. I just checked off a box in her program and everything was good again. A simple solution for a simple problem. This was our conversation as I was leaving.

Mom: "Thanks for helping me with my computer."
Me: "No problem. Compared to what I am going through with the other computer, your easy."
Mom: "I may be easy, but I ain't cheap."

WHAT??? Did I just hear that correctly? I think I threw up a just a little bit in my mouth when she said that. Certain things are not, under any circumstance, to be said between a mother and son. Number one on that rule, should be that last sentence.

I'm sending her my therapy bill because that just set me back several years worth of therapy. Now you must excuse me while I curl up in the corner with my blanket and rock myself to sleep.

No comments: